Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sixteen Candles

Tonight, I am home chillaxing (yup def in 2010) watching one of my fav movies of all times Sixteen Candles. I swear I watched this movie a 1000 times always hoping to find my own Jake Ryan. You know the guy you swore you could never get - that would come sweep you off your feet. Oh yeah, that's the one. The one who would make it all better, just because he smiled at you. I loved Molly Ringwald because she was just an average girl (not the perfect girl with the perfect body type). Instead she was the one who anyone could relate to and yet she ends up with the guy every damn time! LOL Now we know its all make-believe because I can't remember the last time the average girl won out over the "perfect" girl. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the "perfect" looking girl. I'm just saying MAYBE if guys looked beyond the magazine check-list, they could really find some amazing women. Ones that they would see not just outer beauty but inner beauty as well. And let's just be honest for the other side too. How many men are a Jake Ryan, I mean seriously? We all have our demons, it just depends on how you look at each other. I am happy to say that I am part of the sex that can look beyond and fall in love with someone for the potential she knows is in there.
And I am hoping to find my own Jake Ryan one day
 ~ not the perfect guy ~
but the one that fits me perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment